Saturday, November 26, 2016

Unexpected Offer as a State Director With Higher Grade

Thank you boss for offering me a State Director post in the metropolitan state with a higher grade than I am currently holding it. 

Boss, as I informed you over the phone, I just accepted a new posting order to a rural state where I am from, as the new state director and will be carrying my existing grade. 

I want to tell you boss that I was really moved with your call offer yesterday. It came after a deep inside emotional farewell bidding session by MyTeams in the office hours earlier. I did not mean that I refused your offer or did not appreciate it boss. Of course, I must be appreciative when it is about a privileged offer and unexpected promotion. But boss, I have mentally committed to my self to be in my hometown for reasons I could not explain here. 

You gave me 2-3 days to rethink about my decision. I appreciate your patience boss. I must say a big thank you to you boss for thinking of me as the candidate for that director post. I would love to be there but.....if not because of pre-planned and approved posting order, i will without question and beyond doubt, accept the offer. 

Maaf boss...looking forward to be part of your team in the near future. 

Notes: The offer call by one of my bosses came in on 25 November 2016, Friday, at around 6.20pm, the day my current office held a farewell party for two other officers and me who are leaving to other work place. 

No comments: