Thursday, February 16, 2017

Bribery Perception

16 February 2017 - I had a new insight today. I had a chit chat with one of my subordinates today. It's how people from a faith other than of mine perceive the act of "give and take" involving money and services rendered a.k.a. willing taker and willing giver of a bribery act. The staff said, it is not wrong to accept money if the giver willingly offer to pay money for a speedier service by a government staff. 

I'm trying not to make a connection of  this perception to any religion because I have a strong belief that all religions reject bribery. When I disputed that staff about this teaching belief, the staff further said their upbringing accepted this practice and it is not abnormal paying a staff/officer, either to the government servant or private company employee to get their application processed faster.

I just couldn't believe myself that such belief actually exists. We debated about this perception and presented examples to support our arguments. Lastly, my staff said to me "Sir, you won." and left my room and punched out the attendance card. 

My gut tells me, I won maybe because I am the boss.

No comments: