Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Income RM10k A Month But Still Driving Grabcar

22 February 2017

Two nights ago, I took the ride sharing service Grabcar from Wangsa Maju to my home after arriving from KLIA by ERL and LRT. It was around 10 minutes to 12am. The app showed the fare would be around RM7.00 for the trip. 

While the app was searching drivers nearby, the first driver Ahmad appeared on my phone's screen but the ping was unsuccessful. I think the driver ignored my ping. Second attempt, driver Chang emerged. It took a while before a pop up screen showed "Yeay, we found a driver..." The profile of the driver stated he drives Honda Insight car. Woww not bad!!!

In less than 5 minutes, the driver arrived to pick up me. I got in the car. I praised him for the cleaned car, being "rajin" and driving in the midnight. I sat on the front passenger seat and we headed to the destination. 

While driving, the driver Chang spoke non-stop. "Nowadays, life is difficult lah. Everything is expensive. Since GST, our money become less and less. Our country bla bla bla (all negative things lah). We should follow Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, Australia....." I chipped in "Do you know, all these countries have GST....and their rates are higher than us?" Silent. No reply from the driver.

I then suggested to him to apply for BR1M and inform him that it could help easing his financial burden. "Where got qualify! It's for the poor! My household income is more than RM10k a month." He continued "You know, I am forty three already. Got so much commitments to pay, children's education, insurance, car, house...our income not enough! That's why I do part time Grabcar during the night. I also have a job....My car need to be maintained regularly. Every night, I drive 300km."

Moral of the story from this story:-

1. Income of more than RM10k still not enough to certain people.
2. Big income big crust (literal translation of Malay proverb).
3. Some regard RM7 is nothing. Some regard RM7 is something.
4. Everything want to blame the government.
5. Never thankful that Malaysia is a prosperous country which you can do anything to supplement income.
6. Bersyukurlah wahai umat Malaysia tetapi jangan makan dan beri rasuah.

Okay, I have a meeting on the 9th floor.

#writingwhileoutstationputrajaya

2 comments:

Unknown said...

RM10K a month but still not enough? *facepalm*

Unknown said...

RM10K a month but still not enough? *facepalm*